An endometrial biopsy is a procedure performed to obtain a small tissue sample from the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium. After the biopsy, the endometrial tissue is examined under a microscope to identify the presence of abnormal cells, or the effects of hormones on the endometrium.
An endometrial biopsy may be performed for several reasons:
- In the evaluation and treatment of infertility (the inability to conceive), a biopsy of endometrial cells several days before menstruation can show the endometrial response to the hormones estrogen and progesterone and can determine if ovulation has occurred.
- An endometrial biopsy may be recommended for women with abnormal menstrual bleeding, bleeding after menopause, or absence of uterine bleeding. Biopsy results may indicate cell changes related to hormone levels, or the presence of abnormal tissues such as fibroids or polyps, which can lead to abnormal bleeding.
- An endometrial biopsy may also be used to check the effects of hormone replacement therapy or to detect the presence of abnormal cells or cancer. Endometrial cancer is the most common cancer of the female reproductive organs.
If you have been told you need an endometrial biopsy, call us. Our staff is well-trained and experienced in endometrial biopsies, and we're here to help.
Current Patients: To Access The Patient Portal, Click Here
Contact Us Online!
Please complete the form below for any questions or for immediate response please Call Us Today! 407-477-4345.
Why Choose Us?
- Adjacent to Celebration Health Hospital
- 4D Ultrasound On-Site
- High-End, High-Tech Office
"I can not begin to express how having Dr. Marcantel as our doctor shaped our entire prenatal care and delivery experience for both children. He has a magical way about his care - patient, soothing, empathetic, humorous, focused, and professional. He had this way of making me feel like I was his only patient. His responses to my questions were thoughtful and his use of analogies and storytelling made the abundance of information all so easy to understand! I received excellent care from the other 3 doctors in the office as well; each had his/her own unique way of taking great care of me, even after my delivery with my second child. As I reflect on that glorious time, I will always smile fondly on the amazing experience I had with your team in the office and in the hospital!"